What will my insurance cover?
There are many dental insurance policies available to you. Each policy has a fixed monthly or annual premium, which is relative to the benefits that you receive. Finding out exactly how much your insurance company will pay is important, and is something we can help you with!
When dental treatment is needed, a predetermination can be sent to your insurance company.
Your insurance policy has three important parts, which determine what it will cover you for:
- Annual limit: Some policies have no limit to what they will cover in a 12-month period. Others will have a maximum amount that they will pay out per year. This maximum can range from $500 to $2500 per year, depending on the policy.
- Percentages and classification: Insurance companies categorize dental treatment. Here are a few examples of common categories:
- Preventive (dental exam, cleaning, x-rays)
- Basic (fillings, tooth extraction, preventive care)
- Major (crowns, dentures, bridges)
- Orthodontic (orthodontic exam, braces, retainers)
Each category is assigned a percentage of coverage. For example, Basic and Preventive care can have 100% coverage while Major care may have 50-80% coverage.
- Fine print: All insurance policies state specific conditions and exceptions where coverage will be granted or denied. Treatment that is not covered by your insurance is sometimes a result of the fine print.
We will do everything we can to get you the most coverage possible. There are, however, many factors that we have no influence over. A predetermination is the most certain way to find out what your insurance will cover. It is our pleasure to assist you in finding out.
Our fee guide
New services are being added weekly...
Fee structure is broken down into Time vs. Cost.
All procedures may be highly variable depending on the individual situation.All procedures here are clearly outlined in the 'Services ' section.
The cost of a cleaning depends on how much bacteria is present and how long it takes to remove. A single visit is required for those who brush and floss everyday, and who have had a cleaning in the previous 12 months.
Fee range: $200 - $300
Each additional appointment.
Fee range: $100 - $250
Prices include exam/check-up
Wisdom teeth with short and straight roots are the easiest to remove when surrounded by soft bone. Teeth that have long and curved roots surrounded by dense bone are the most difficult and time consuming to remove. Teeth that are broken, or have large cavities, also make the procedure more time consuming.
Procedure time: 20 min - 2.5 hrs
Fee range: $105 - $575 per tooth
Front teeth: Easy to reach and instrument. Their roots are less complex than back teeth.Procedure time: 45-120 minutesFee range: $500 - $800
Back teeth: Difficult to reach and instrument. Root systems can be quite complex.Procedure time: 60-300 minutes (any single appointment limited to approx. 90 minutes)Fee range: $600 - $1800
There are several factors that determine the cost of a bridge:
- How many teeth are being replaced?
- How many anchoring teeth are required?
- Amount of work needed on neighbouring teeth, depending on the presence of decay, periodontal disease and the need for nerve therapy.
The most basic dental bridge replaces a single tooth, using one anchor tooth on either side of the missing tooth. There are many combinations of the above factors that may influence the price of a dental bridge. Bridges that replace multiple teeth or use more than two anchor teeth will cost more than the base rate.
Procedure time: 3 - 5 hrs (spread over 2 appointments)
Fee range: $3250+ (This is an indicator of the base rate only)
For an accurate quote, please schedule a complimentary consultation.
Small cavity/filling: Fast and easy to place.
Large cavity/filling: More time consuming and different technology is used.
Procedure time: 15 min - 1.5 hrs
Fee range: $105 - $725 per filling
Procedure time: 1 hrs - 3 hrs
Fee range: $850 - $1630 (All procedure and lab fees are included)
Procedure time: 1 hrs - 1.5 hrs
Fee range: $778 - $975
For an accurate quote for your veneer case, please schedule a complimentary consultation.